Although the Society takes pride as having in its midst many outstanding intellectuals and professionals, the Society is no elitist group. It is a democratic and open society that admits anyone who subscribes to its aims.
An international cultural organization, established 1958 in Washington D.C.
1. a subscription to SVU Newsletter, Zpravy SVU
2. reduced subscription rate of SVU English periodical Kosmas
3. reduced prices of SVU monographs
4. reduced registration fees of SVU Conferences and SVU World Congresses
5. right to participate in SVU elections
The Members can also avail themselves of the opportunity:
1. to present papers at SVU Conferences and World Congresses
2. to submit papers to the SVU periodical Kosmas or other publications
3. to periodically report on their activities, publications, awards, etc., in SVU Newsletter
4. to get advice on possible dissertation topics
5. to consult with many of SVU knowledgeable members at universities and other institutions throughout the world
6. to establish mutually beneficially collaborative work with their peers worldwide.
7. to get involved in various SVU projects
8. to become active on SVU Committees
9. to become SVU officers
10. to meet interestiung people
Individuals – US$ 35.00 per year
Spouses – US$ 5.00
Students – US$ 5.00
Individuals in Czech Republic and Slovakia: US$ 10.00
Institutions – US$ 100.00.
Note: If you simultaneously subscribe to SVU periodical Kosmas, you can save additional $2 on your already reduced subscription price, e.g., instead of paying $22 for annual subscription you pay only $20. Tne nonmebers are charged US$ 27.