In the last two seasons, we’ve been recording series of annotated concerts in Czech Philharmonic to share joy of music with those, who do not have the possibility to come to Rudolfinum. We think especially of Czech compatriots and other fans of Czech music in abroad, In the first recording we share with you – Sinfonietta – there are two parts, the first one is more analytical, where you can explore this beautiful music, and then enjoy the whole piece in the second part of the concert. The video has, of course, english subtitles.
The first ever performance was given by the Czech Philharmonic Orchestra under the baton of Václav Talich on June 26, 1926. It was a very special concert for young people who had come from all corners of Czechoslovakia for the National Sokol Gathering. Our recording has been performed by young musicians from Czech Student Philharmonic, and has been part of the series of annotated concerts Steps to the New World. But as you can see, it can be fun for young audience, as well as the adults.
In next season we will finalize similar recordings of Dvořák´s symphony „From the New World“ or Janáček’s Jenůfa.
Daniela Dvořáčková, Czech Philharmonic
SVU members recommend…
Museums: Virtual Visits
- CHATEAU DE VERSAILLES
- The Sistine Chapel, Vatican
- Le Louvre, Paris
- Van Gogh Museum, Amsterdam
- The Mauritshuis Museum, The Hague
- Thyssen-Bornemisza, Madrid
- The Art Institute, Chicago
- The National Museum, Prague
- The Slovak National Museum
- The 9th CZECH THAT FILM FESTIVAL (a selection of recent Czech movies, with English subtitles)
- Wondering Camera, by Czech TV – Sites and Sights (a collection of 968 enlightening videos, in Czech)
- Czech TV visits Chateau Liten (video in Czech)
- Tribute to Jarmila Novotná, Rudolfinum 2017 (with English substitles)
Please send your suggestions to: website [AT] svu2000 [DOT] org